One of the largest banks of the country is inviting applications against the following position from professionals with proven track record and capacity to perform as a catalyst for transformation in a challenging environment in the area of Credit Management. The individuals who fulfill the below-mentioned basic eligibility criteria may apply for the following position:
CHIEF CREDIT OFFICER REPORTING TO CHIEF RISK OFFICER
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
Academic / Professional Qualification
• Minimum university degree preferably MBA with Major in Finance I M.A Economics I M.Com from HEC recognized University / Institute
• Minimum 20 years overall banking experience with at least 12 years of managerial experience in senior / leadership credit risk management roles.
• The applicant should have held significant personal senior credit approval authority with a major bank(s) for at least 10 years or equivalent.
• International experience preferred but not considered essential.
• Experience in wider range of products (capital markets, trade, derivatives, syndications etc.), industries & portfolio segments, financing types (acquisition, corporate, structured, project finance) ranging from investment grade to leveraged financings will be preferred.
• Experience of different business cycles and industries, remedial experience with multiple banking experiences both within and outside of risk;
• Extensive experience with credit risk due diligence and presentations, financial models. sensitivity analysis and development of risk appetite frameworks and portfolio management strategies, formulation of Credit Risk Policies and Procedures, Portfolio and transaction level return on economic and regulatory capital frameworks; development of Portfolio monitoring and early warning framework, Remedial and litigation experience with problem exposures, Credit Administration Function; Over sight and management of regulatory issues pertaining to end to end Credit Risk management process for a commercial bank
Other Skills/ Expertise/ Knowledge Required
• Superior credit risk assessment skills and judgement, including problem recognition, defining and structuring of solutions to complex credit issues. Experienced in remedial management situations. Ability to recognize and address major types of risk, including market, operational embedded in credit exposures.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity on credit/business issues in reaching a decision; develops solutions/alternatives to difficult credit requests: solicits industry/product expertise as required; manages conflict and handle unpopular credit decisions
• Ability to act decisively in time-sensitive situations, exercise good judgment at all times and calmly manage effective decision making in high stress environments. Ability to clearly and proactively communicate in verbal and written form to both internal and external clients.
• In depth grasp and understanding of process and drivers to compute expected/unexpected credit losses which includes debt rating models/scorecards/classification/IFRS 9 methodologies, Basel parameters and their implications for loan loss reserves, regulatory/economic capital and stress losses. Ability to dimension and frame risk drivers for stress testing.
• Comprehensive knowledge of legal documentation associated with credit/market risk, using examples from portfolio/restructuring/complex credit transactions.
• Enhanced communication skills that reflect an ability to concisely address key issues and provide solutions to senior management and key clients. Fully conversant in credit policy/risk principles and be seen as respected and credible culture carrier of risk management
Outline of Main Duties/ Responsibilities
• To be responsible for individually reviewing credit proposals for Corporate, Commercial and SME clients and recommending for approval to the Credit Committee and Chief Risk Officer after appropriate structuring and sizing in line with Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework (RAF).
• To present credit proposals in the credit committee alongside the business and ensure that all key concerns and issues are addressed rigorously. Ensure compliance of credit proposals with RAF ratings policy, classification and SBP guidelines.
• To be responsible for ensuring consistent and rigorous implementation of portfolio management, risk appetite, early problem recognition, classification policies etc. across the assigned client segments.
• To manage oversight of all SBP engagements on regulatory issues pertaining to the end to end credit risk management process of the Bank.
• To deliver consistent ongoing improvement in turn-around-time for credit reviews and proposals while ensuring that all portfolio issues and agreed actions are tracked and executed expeditiously. Coordinate development and presentation of industry credit reviews for key sectors ensuring appropriate target market focus and risk appetite.
• To engage broadly in a leadership role along with business stakeholders in the development of various risk policies, procedures, ratings, stress-testing tools, risk appetite frameworks etc.
• To develop and implement structured portfolio management & risk appetite frameworks at an institutional & sector level.
• Review and approve Credit proposals received from Business Groups and ensure submission of high quality credit proposals to the Credit Committee and/or BoD as appropriate.
• To formulate credit and risk policies and procedures and communicate them down the line with the approval of BoD where required.
• To review trends in Credit portfolio on an ongoing basis and suggest measures to Business Groups to improve the quality of the portfolio.
• To ensure ex-Post Facto reporting, appraisal and maintenance of proper record for future reference and audit purpose.
• To monitor national and overseas credit portfolio of bank as per assigned responsibilities.
• To provide guidance to corporate centers and regional offices on relevant policies, frameworks and structure of facilities
• Oversight and reengineering of the Credit Administration (CAD) Function and all related activities
• Oversight and approval of activities and proposals related to the Asset Recovery Group.
• Implementation of Industry Credit reviews for key sectors in the bank
Assessment Tests / Interviews
Only shortlisted applicants strictly meeting the above-mentioned basic eligibility criteria will be invited for test and for panel interviews.
The employment will be on contractual basis. for three years which may be renewed on discretion of the Management. Selected candidates will be offered compensation package and other benefits as per Bank’s Policy / rules.
Place of Posting
Interested candidates may visit website www.sidathyder.com.pk/careers and apply on-line by 14-07-2020 as per given instructions. The candidates should clearly mention their Name, Father’s Name. Date of Birth. CNIC Number, Qualifications with percentage I CGPA / Division, Place of Domicile and complete Current Mailing I Residential Address with Telephone Numbers PTCL / Mobile in their Resume / Application. Applications received after due date will not be considered in any case.
No TA/DA will be admissible for test / interview.
(We are an equal opportunity employer) Women are encouraged to apply.