Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Posted :05 May 2020
Job Location: Islamabad
Job Type: Full Time
Department / Job Category: Community & Social Services
Last Date: 17 May 2020
CNFA is an international enterprise development non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. dedicated to stimulating sustainable growth in the agricultural sector. CNFA specializes in fostering private sector investments in training, new technologies and marketing as a means to increase the overall competitiveness of agricultural value chains, expand exports and develop skills in the rural workforce.
About the Project:
Pakistan Agricultural Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA) is a 4-year, USAID-funded project that will bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan. PATTA is partnering with agricultural technology companies to commercialize products and services with the potential to increase the productivity and competitiveness of smallholder farmers while mobilizing private sector investment in agricultural technology. PATTA partnerships will provide smallholder farmers with broader access to affordable technologies to increase productivity and incomes, build resilience to climate change, and reduce postharvest losses.
Working under the supervision of the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL), the MEL Specialist will assist with developing data collection instruments and participate in data collection, analysis and reporting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the MEL Director with implementing and improving the MEL Plan and tools to measure performance;
- Support the MEL Director with the design and implementation of data collection tools and methodologies;
- Develop digital data collection tools by using digital platforms e.g. (KOBO toolbox, ONA ODK);
- Measure performance and improve compliance with USAID and CNFA standards;
- Ensure data quality during the data collection process;
- Engage in data cleaning and analysis of data by using statistical tools for reporting the against each project indicator;
- Prepare the first drafts of various project reports and case studies on lessons learned and best practices, in a timely manner;
- Document best practices by the program unit and disseminate learning through needs-based, quarterly and annual reports;
- Update and conduct trainings, as needed, on MEL systems and processes;
- Support third party monitoring activities and incorporate findings
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Economics, or relevant field – with a master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years of relevant, professional experience in roles with increasing levels of responsibility required;
- Pakistani national;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Successful experience with the adoption of mobile data collections tools like KOBO, ODK & ONA from authoring.
- Working knowledge of USAID policies, rules and regulations preferred;
- Previous project work experience in Pakistan;
- Team player, with excellent organizational, training design and delivery, and time management skills;
- Excellent English communication skills required, both written and oral. Excellent Urdu, with regional language capability, desirable.
- Strong communication and coordination skills.
Interested candidates should submit CVs to [email protected] by May 17, 2020. Kindly clearly mention position title “MEL Specialist” in email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CNFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.