Regional Health Coordinator Job
An international organisation under the c/o Pakistan Red Crescent Society
Posted :11 May 2020
Job Location: Islamabad
Department / Job Category: Community & Social Services
Last Date: 24 May 2020
An international organisation under the c/o Pakistan Red Crescent Society is looking for a Regional Health Coordinator to provide technical support to the organisation’s portfolio in Asia Region.
The organisation aims to relieve the suffering and save the lives of people affected by armed conflict, protracted crisis and acute disasters. We work through a combination of channels, considering collaboration with Red Cross Movement actors to respond, both in terms of efficiency and effectiveness, to any given crisis.
The position is based in Islamabad with moderate travelling to project areas.
Purpose of Regional Health Coordinator position:
The purpose of the Regional Health Coordinator position is to use specific technical competencies to ensure that projects in the Asia portfolio are designed and implemented according to established technical standards and best practices.
The Regional Health Coordinator will support the country offices in design, implementation and monitoring of country specific as well as multi-country programmes, in support of emergency responses
The overall responsibility as Regional Health Coordinator:
- Keeps abreast of developments in the global technical environment and contributes proactively with other technical personnel to establish and implement technical standards in relevant areas.
- Provides surge support to other countries and regions, as relevant and upon the request of the Regional Office.
- Conducts technical assessments and scoping missions as requested and contributes technically to project development.
- Carries out regular field monitoring, provides recommendations and assistance on project improvements and follows up on their implementation in agreement with the respective country program manager.
- Organizes technical mid-term reviews upon request and contributes to terms of reference and inception reports to final evaluations.
- Liaises with the Host National Societies technical and project teams to ensure relevance of technical assistance provided.
- Provide technical assistance during procurement of medical supplies
- Provides trainings and coaches Country Offices and Host National Society project staff on the operationalization of established technical standards and when challenges arise during the implementation.
- Advices the regional and country offices on the prioritization of human, financial and technical resources in the relevant technical field.
- Enables regional and country office colleagues to understand and make use of available technical tools and methodologies. Promotes harmonization across regions and countries by monitoring use of standards and tools.
- Identifies individual development needs and facilitates access to appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Provides technical support to quarterly and yearly country reports.
We seek a person who;
- Experience in implementing primary healthcare & reproductive health care programmes
- Proven experience with developing logical frameworks.
- In-depth understanding of relevant technical standards and the operationalization of those standards in humanitarian projects including protection mainstreaming.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years in project management, including needs assessments project design, reporting and result based management
- Knowledge and technical skills to build technical capacities of partner organizations.
- Excellent writing skills (grant proposal, concept notes, donor report writing).
- English work proficiency is required, regional languages an asset.
- Having worked with/developed innovative tools and approaches in relevant technical discipline, is an asset.
- Certified Medical Doctor required
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other higher University Degree in relevant technical discipline (health).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in an international humanitarian and/or development organization.
- Successful track record of engaging in humanitarian teams in complex humanitarian setting.
- Proven ability to implement primary healthcare and community-based health programmes in challenging contexts.
- Excellent drafting skills. Successful donor applications and reporting on humanitarian projects with measurable results.
- Very good ability to take initiative and accept responsibility.
- Very good ability to cooperate and share competency.
- Very good ability to communicate effectively.
- Very good ability to develop others.
- Team player.
- Ability to build relations and networks.
- Collaborates well with others and supports others in the pursuit of team goals. Creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and is firm and reliable.
Deputy Asia Regional Representative.
Interested applicants are required to submit an updated CV and cover letter highlighting your interest and relevance to the position advertised by 24th May 2020.