PPL WELFARE TRUST ATTOCK
Publiched on: 09-05-2020
Job Type: Consultant
Department / Job Category: Healthcare and Safety
Last Date: 17 May 2020
Reports to: Community Empowerment Advisor
Duration: 21 days/month for 5 months
Location: Lahore (with frequent travelling to DAFPAK target districts)
Project Background and Objectives
The DFID ‘Delivering Accelerated Family Planning in Pakistan (DAFPAK): Lot 2 Public Sector Service
Delivery’ is a part of the DAFPAK programme funded by the Department of International Development (DFID). The 3.5-year programme aims to increase access to family planning services; and improve quality of client-centred services such that more women, including adolescents are able to safely plan their pregnancies and improve their sexual reproductive health. The expected outcome for the programme is 11.9 million CYPs generated by expanded access to FP services; 55,000 additional users of family planning and an increase in modern CPR from 26.1 at the baseline to 33.9. Palladium and its consortium partners, Pathfinder, the Family Planning Association of Pakistan (FPAP), IPAS and Aahung will strengthen the quality of service provision in the public sector (across 30+ districts in three provinces Punjab, Sindh and KPK) by:
Increasing access to FP services:
- Building capacities of government health/FP facility staff on integration of services, improving clinical quality and expanding the range of contraceptives offered.
- Training community workers (LHWs) to expand the FP services that they offer.
- Establishing new procedures in health facilities to better integrate services.
- Improved quality of client-centered FP services:
- Building capacities of the government health/FP facility staff on client-centered/unbiased counselling.
- Building capacities of community workers on better, client-centered/unbiased counselling.
- Building capacities of government health/FP facility staff on improving clinical quality.
- Improving quality assurance systems involving district health management teams, including clinical waste management.
Beyond building capacities of district health teams, health facility staff and community-based workers. The
project will focus on sustainably changing behaviours of providers, systemic changes and commitments
through engagement with and TA to district and provincial level governments, health management teams,
providers and communities.
Overall Scope of Assignment:
The Provincial community Engagement STTA will oversee and support the effective implementation of Community Engagement component of the DAFPAK-PSSD programme in target districts in PUNJAB. The role of the Provincial CE STTA will be to engage communities and gather citizen feedback to be used for informed decision making by duty bearers for improved FP service delivery in Public health facilities
- Provide input into the development of training packages, protocols, manuals and quality assurance systems for community engagement related interventions
- Support the Advisor Community Engagement on the design, implementation and assessment of all Community engagement related interventions
- Coordinate with the LHW program at Provincial and district level to revive/form Village health committees through engaging LHWs
- Ensure collection of community feedback on the FP service delivery in the target districts and present collated information to DHPMT/DTC
- Support the training and capacity building of LHWs an VHC members on community engagement
- Support the process of engaging civil society in the DHMPT/DTC meetings and conduct orientation of DHPMT/DTC members on VHC formation and use of community feedback
- Regularly checks, validates and analyse the collated data from field.
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports for onward submission to CE Advisor
- Performing any other tasks as agreed with the Community Engagement advisor and Senior Leaderhsip
- The STTA CE is also expected to oversee a team of district Community Officers and expected to work very closely with the Integrated Service delivery, Quality of Care and Research Monitoring and Evaluation Teams at the Provincial and district level and provide support the as and when requires
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field.
- At least 08 years of professional experience in Public Health particularly RMNCH, FP and community mobilization/engagement
- Demonstrated experience of engaging communities for accountability and improved Health service delivery
- Ability to develop training packages, tools and manuals and facilitate trainings on technical areas for staff and general communities
- Experience working with local civil society and community-based organizations, as well as with governmental organizations
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under significant professional and environmental pressure;
- Computer competency with spreadsheets, databases and word processing suites;
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and patience;
- Willingness to live, work and travel in the target districts
Submit Your Name & Email for Daily Updates”
SEE ALL JOBS PUBLISHED IN “APRIL 2020”
Energy & Power Department KPK Jobs 2020 May Latest, Advisor (04 Positions) Latest Jobs in Peshawar, KPK
PPL Welfare Trust Jobs 2020 May Latest, Doctor (01), Dispenser(01) & Driver (01) Latest Jobs in PPL, Attock
Directorate Of Sports, Youth & Culture AJ&K Jobs May 2020 Latest, Sub Engineer (01), Jr. Clerk (01) & Caretaker (01) Latest Jobs in Muzaffarabad, AJ&K
Publiched on: …
Proposal Development Specialist, CARE International in Pakistan, Job Location: Islamabad, Country: Pakistan, Positions: 1 Job, Type: Consultant, Department / Job Category: Consultancy, Last Date: 12 May 2020
National TB Control Program Islamabad, Sindh Jobs Latest May 2020, Coordinator (01), Counselor (01), Nurses & DEO Latest Jobs in NTP Sindh, Islamabad
SHC&ME Jobs Latest May 2020, Gov’t of Punjab, Specialist, MO’s/WMO’s, Technologists, Nurses & Technicians Latest Jobs in Specialized Healthcare & Medical Education Department Punjab
Especial Public Prosecutors (04 Vacancies), Latest Jobs in Pakistan Coast Guards Karachi, May 2020 Latest
Islamia University Bahawalpur Jobs Latest May 2020, Caretaker (land record) & Revenue Officer Latest Jobs in IUB Bahawalpur
UET Jobs Latest May 2020, Teaching Fellow (06) & Teaching Assistant (02) Latest Jobs in University of Engineering & Technology Lahore