In compliance of the orders of the Supreme Court of AJ&K dated 15-02-2020, fresh applications and nominations for the position of the Vice Chancellor, Mirpur University of Science & Technology (MUST), Azad Kashmir are invited from eminent academicians/scholars of international repute having, inter alia, the following attributes:
• Should have a Ph.D degree or equivalent in any subject from a reputable University recognized by the Higher Education Commission.
▪ Should have attained the minimum rank of full University Professor or equivalent in an academic or research organization.
▪ Should have rich experience in academic and financial management with proven track record of skills in initiating and managing change, strategic planning, overseeing implementation and the capability of mobilizing resources for the University and its research programmes and collaboration with national and international institutions/agencies.
• Should have capability and experience of research mobilization, leadership qualities for policy making in relation to efficient and effective management of all affairs of the University.
▪ Should have to his/ her credit quality research publications in HEC recognized journals. Should not be more than 65 years of age on last date for submission of applications.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:-
Tenure: The Vice Chancellor shall be appointed for a renewable tenure of five years by the Chancellor. Pay: Pay, Perks & Privileges as per rules.
Two sets of applications should be accompanied by the following supporting documents duly indexed:
• Certified copies of educational certificates /degrees /diplomas.
• List of HEC recognized research publications.
• Details of certified administrative experience duly supported by documentary evidence.
• Three recent passport size photographs along with a certified copy of a valid CNIC clearly mentioning date of birth of the applicant.
• Appropriately experienced candidates capable of taking up the challenge of the position may apply by sending a letter of intent, curriculum vitae along with self quantification on the prescribed format available at the link http://Must.edu.pk/index.php/advertisements/. The letter of intent should explain, in less than 1000 words, their vision of the strengths and possibilities of development and sustenance of institution’s programmes.
• Applications without supporting documents or other than the prescribed format shall not be entertained.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:-
• The applications of the candidates complete in all respect should reach the office of the Secretary Presidential Affairs/Secretary Search Committee, President’s Block, Kashmir House, F-5/2, Islamabad, latest by July 13., 2020 before the close of office hours.
• Candidates short-listed by the Search Committee shall be called for interview
SECRETARY PRESIDENTIAL AFFAIRS, AJ&K/Secretary Search Committee President’s Block, Kashmir House, F-5/2, Islamabad