Save the Children
Posted :15 May 2020
Job Location: Islamabad
Job Type: Contractual
Department / Job Category: Monitoring & Evaluation
Last Date: 18 May 2020
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process for staff.
The coordinator supports the project for technical implementation to meet /exceed the M&E Operating Standards, also applies knowledge management and learning as part of the overall MEAL strategy, ensuring that the systems are institutionalized within the project office and respective implementing partners.The coordinator works closely with the staff members other stakeholders in collecting data, information and publications for reporting. The coordinator enhances the current system for gathering, interpreting and managing multiple forms and reports of Child information and resources necessary for learning, along with managing knowledge generated and necessary for the successful implementation of the project
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintain record of all narrative and financial reporting deadlines for HBCC project
- Collection of data and other information for regular reports.
- Produce high quality progress reports for HBCC project as per donor templates
- Maintain project data base, support and ensuring that it complements and forms part of the overall MEAL system
- Gather qualitative information, success stories, case studies, lessons learnt and other relevant information, ensuring that they are appropriately packaged, stored, shared and encouraging their application;
- Ensure that data is stored accurately (updated, indexed) and confidentially
- Manage and generate report using child profile database, registration and other technical components.
- Assist in the collection, reviewing, preparation and editing of quarterly and annual reports, briefing papers, and other documents as necessary
- Assist the regional MEAL team in collecting, organizing and analysing Activity data.
- Enhance repository of all relevant program related documents, MEAL documents etc.
- Share relevant learnings and information with partners, stakeholders and other parties through Share-point, Web page and other virtual communication channels
- Assist the team in facilitating and organizing learning-, knowledge sharing-, and experience sharing events.
- Participate in the conduct of documentation of project successes and learnings
- Participate in the conduct of monitoring supervisions, evaluations and operation researches
- Undertake other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Enhance the project’s ability to quickly identify and implement emerging trends in learning
- Develop monitoring and evaluating mechanism for tracking progress of implementation of learning strategies and develop approaches to improve performance.
- Design and conduct workshops on key project Monitoring Evaluation and learning topics
- Build capacity of the MEAL and other project staffs through formal training and on job support
- Develop standard operating procedures and documentation for knowledge management and learning.
- Keep track of all project monitoring in coordination with Potential staff members to ensure M&E implementation is effectively undertaken
- As required provide training to raise awareness on the importance of collecting data and learning
- With the Line Manager, feed into project correction and redesign to ensure that project is informed by learning
- Make sure that technical staff have easy access to learning documents for reference purpose
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Minimum First Degree / degree in development related subjects preferable Statistics, Economics,
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Recommended a minimum of Five years in monitoring and evaluation, learning or research role, in NGO or other Organization’s development program.
- Experience of designing and managing MEAL systems, qualitative & quantitative data collection, processing and have analysis pre initiative
- Have a strong systematic and analytical thinking skills with strong interpersonal skill,
- Applicants should be excellent in written/spoken English, experience in producing report in their of assignment
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a learning culture
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.