Programme Officer – Prisons Jobs
UNITED NATIONS ON DRUGS AND CRIME UNODC
The United Nations on Drugs and Crime UNODC is seeking applications from highly skilled and experienced candidates for the following position
Agency: UN Office on Drugs & Crime
Title: Programme Officer Prisons
Job ID: 30647
Practice Area – Job Family: UN Coordination – UNODC
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New Yark) 30/05/2020
Duty Station: Islamabad, Pakistan
Education & Work Experience: I-Master’s Level Degree – 2 year(s) experience
Desired: English, Urdu
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Bureau: Asia & the Pacific
Contract Duration: 1 year
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its recently developed Country Programme (CP) II, 2016-20 with a focus on illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice and drug demand reduction and HIV/AIDS. As part of the CP there is significant strategic planning and coordination required with the Government to implement its Sub-Programme 2 on Criminal Justice. In order to develop the Government Prisons Management capacities and plan strategically, UNODC Pakistan requires the services of a National Program Officer – Prisons with experience in prison management, oversight as well as program planning, monitoring and evaluation.
The purpose of the assignment is to develop, manage and implement UNODC’s Prisons’ Programme across Pakistan.
The Prisons Programme Officer will be responsible to ensure that these objectives are achieved under the supervision of the sub-programme Advisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Prisons Programme Officer will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
• Manage projects and its implementation in the area of Prisons Management, Legal Aid, Prisons Curriculum Development and Alternatives to Detentions and the relevance of these components with international standards and guidelines
• Design, Source and supervise expert input into programme activities, both substantive and for monitoring purposes.
• Monitor and provide reporting on programme progress towards outcomes, within the framework of UNODC’s Country Programme for Pakistan
• Ensure the integrity of financial systems, reviews budget requirements of the programme and the office and ensures consistent application of rules and regulations in cooperation with the Programme Associate
• Analyse the prison situation in the country and prepare and organize a variety of written inputs as necessary, such as background papers, concept notes, working and position papers, presentations, briefing notes as well as regular documents such as correspondence with governments and mission reports
• Attend policy making and expert group meetings to analyse and advise on UNODC relevant issues; when requested, represent UNODC at those meetings
• As required, supervise professional and support staff in particular junior staff on substantive and programmatic issues
• Identify areas of support in line with UNODC’s Country Programme II and Government priorities;
• Development of concept notes and project proposals under the guidance of the Criminal Justice Advisor;
• Coordinate the completion of related research and assessments on Anti-Corruption global trends, national developments and inter linkages with reviews from international agencies like FATF, APG etc.;
• Act as a focal point with other international implementing partners for programmatic activities and delivery of critical areas of support;
• Engage with donors and international partners for broadening the work scope and funding support for programmatic activities;
• Provide capacity building to stakeholders as required;
• Implement work plan including completion of tasks such as workshops, dialogues, study tours and related activities in close coordination with the Criminal Justice Advisor.
• Draft donors’ reports and briefing materials.
Government Coordination to Support Policy Development
• Close and regular coordination with all stakeholders including Interior Ministry, Provincial Prisons Inspectorates, Judiciary, Federal and Provincial legislatures, relevant ministries and parole/probation departments.
• Keep informed of all legislation and policy change and practices that relates to the Criminal Justice system in Pakistan;
• Facilitate related workshops and meetings.
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English, with good analytical and communication skills.
Proficiency in the use of information technology.
Familiarity with UNODC and UN Secretariat processes and documentation would be an advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualification and Experience
• Master’s in criminal justice, International law, Social Sciences, Political Science, Project Management or related field.
• A minimum of two years of experience of programme development and coordination.
• Fluent in English and Urdu (speaking and writing).
• Working experience in the area of Prisons is an asset.
• Experience working with international organizations preferred.
• Solid knowledge of MS office tools (Word, Excel) with advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
HEC attested degrees are a prerequisite for employment at UNDP. During the recruitment process candidates may be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Foreign Qualified Candidates: Foreign degree holders shall be required to(i) Present a verification/certification letter from the university verifying the degree & student enrollment, orii) Foreign degree Equivalence Letter from HEC.
UNDP provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply (local and internal VA)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interviews, selection or induction etc. Moreover, UNDP does not concern itself with any information on the applicants bank accounts
“UNDP has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment (SH) and Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (SEA)”.
Submit Your Name & Email for Daily Updates”
SEE ALL JOBS PUBLISHED IN “APRIL 2020”
“SITUATIONS VACANT” TASK FORCE SECRETARIAT, SINDH ENHANCING RESPONSE TO REDUCE STUNTING PROJECT PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF SINDH
Published: 16-05-2020 The Government of Punjab …
Bank of Khyber Jobs Latest 2020, Cash Officers & General Banking Officers Jobs in BOK KPK, Sindh & Punjab
Agriculture Policy Institute Islamabad Jobs Latest 2020 May, Drivers (01 Post), Naib Qasid (03), & Chokidar (01) Latest Jobs in API Islamabad, Pakistan
GOVERNMENT OF SINDH, PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT Jobs Latest 2020 May, Director (03 Disciplines), Karachi, Sindh
(DCOP) Chemonics International Posted :15 May 2020 Job Location: Peshawar Country: Pakistan Positions: 1 Job Type: Full Time Department / Job …
Hiring of Security Services, CARE International in Pakistan, Job Location: Islamabad, Country: Pakistan
Database Assistant Job, Save the Children, Job Location: Islamabad, Country: Pakistan, Positions: 1, Job Type: Contractual, Department / Job Category: Monitoring & Evaluation, Last Date: 18 May 2020,
MEAL Coordinator Jobs, Save the Children, Job Location: Islamabad, Country: Pakistan, Positions: 1, Job Type: Contractual, Department / Job Category: Monitoring & Evaluation, Last Date: 18 May 2020