Working Paper on Adolescent
Job Location: Pakistan
Department / Job Category: Consultancy
Last Date: 15 May 2020
Working Paper on Adolescent Nutrition
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. At GAIN, we believe that everyone in the world should have access to nutritious and safe food. We work to understand and deliver specific solutions to the daily challenge of food insecurity faced by poor people. We are part of a global network of partners working together to create sustainable solutions to malnutrition. Through alliances, we provide technical, financial and policy support to key participants in the food system. We use specific learning, evidence of impact, and results of projects and programmes to shape and influence the actions of others. The areas GAIN addresses include broadly the micronutrient deficiencies and its implications to the target populations along with improving dietary diversity focusing mothers, children and adolescent. www.gainhealth.org
In milieu of 40 million adolescents in Pakistan, accounting for 23% of total population (UNICEF, 2013), and if investments are made in right age group at right time, the economic and social progress could be great; as pointed out by GAIN Pakistan https://www.gainhealth.org/knowledge-centre/country/pakistan/ in its report in 2017 http://www.gainhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Embodying-the-Future-How-to-Improve-the-nutrition-of-adolescent-girls-in-Pakistan.pdf.
Adolescents’ health nutrition issues have gained substantial attention and consideration by global health & nutrition community and national governments in the past few years. Adolescence provides unique opportunity to inculcate positive health behaviours before lifelong dietary habits are matured. As evidence is pouring in, there is a realisation that broader life-course approach is needed to address long-standing issue of malnutrition. The National Nutrition Survey 2018 has captured for the first-time data on adolescents in 2018-19 where 21% of boys and 11 % of girls are under weight. Ten percent of boys and 11 % of girls are over-weight while 7.7% boys and 5.5% girls are obese. It noted that 56% of girls are anaemic.
GAIN has navigated the space for adolescent nutrition in Pakistan and steered the work on evidence, policy and program review at global and national level to inform a broader Framework for Actions that is translated into Pakistan Adolescent Nutrition Strategy & Provincial Action Plans. Efforts are consolidated under the umbrella of Ministry of National Health Services, Regulation and Coordination (MoNHSR&C) and partners like WHO and UNICEF to move towards a unified coordinated response at national and provincial level in the country. Meanwhile, a strong and viable Advocacy and Advisory Platform for Adolescent Nutrition, housed at MoNHSR&C has also been conceived and supported by GAIN. In the next phase, Provincial Chapters of AN Platform are also being established to inform and influence the policy and implementation.
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition has positioned itself to promote sustainable improvement in nutritional status of adolescents in Pakistan. To document the efforts, A Working Paper and Policy Guidance Briefs are needed to be conceptualized, conscripted, published and disseminated at appropriate forums.
GAIN Pakistan wants to hire consultant to develop Working Paper and Brief in close coordination with AN Project Manager in Pakistan and Program Support Team focal person for AN Pakistan based at GAIN Head Quarter. The documents will be developed in line with GAINs templates and branding guidelines. Consultant will participate in meetings as required and will remain in regular contact with GAIN team and Complete assignment in 15 working days
- To develop a Working Paper describing the work done by GAIN Pakistan on adolescents within evidence and policy domain that provided strategic direction for programs on Adolescent Nutrition at national and sub-national level.
- To develop Policy Briefs on AN based-on work done by GAIN.
- To review documents shared by GAIN and conduct video calls and meeting with key persons in GAIN (Project Manager AN, Head of Programs, AN Quad lead at HQ.
- In-depth interviews with targeted key informants (National Coordinator Nutrition and Fortification, NW, Ministry of National Health Services Regulation and Coordination, Nutrition Officer, UNICEF, National Professional Officer Health/Nutrition WHO, and Development Partners like ACF and NI) to see how GAIN s effort in this space helped bring the AN on-Policy Priority Agenda.
- To develop Working Paper (in line with the template shared by GAIN)
- To develop 2 Policy Briefs and Dissemination Tools (Presentation) based on review of documents and discussions with key informants.
- Inception Report
- Outlines for working paper & policy brief
- Draft and revised Working Paper
- Draft and revised Policy Brief
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Master’s degree in a related field (Public Health, Nutrition, International Development or Social Science).
- 5-8 years of working experience as independent consultant in relevant Sector.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Consultant must demonstrate significant experience (at least 5 years) with both quantitative and qualitative research design, implementation, analysis and reporting
- Significant facilitation and interviewing skills.
- Ability to review content, assimilate and synthesize information
- Published articles/per reviews in accredited journal
- Financial value: 20%
- Qualification and previous experience of individual involved in similar assignments: 30%
- Documents/researches, links shared for the previous work done: 50%
(Presentation will be given by the shortlisted candidates for final selection)
Performance of the Consultant
Inability to meet the performance criteria below will lead to dismissal of the contract as per the terms and conditions.
- Meeting the agreed deadline
- Quality of content/writeup of each deliverable in terms of completeness, comprehensiveness, conciseness and clarity.
- Actively engage with contact and knowledge point
Kindly email your CV and competency statement along with Budget(daily rate considering 15 days consultancy) in English latest by 15th May 2020 at HRpakistan@gainhealth.org , Please mention reference code AN – CON01 in subject.
Submit Your Name & Email for Daily Updates”
SEE ALL JOBS PUBLISHED IN “APRIL 2020”
Working Paper on Adolescent Nutrition, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), Job Location: Pakistan, Country: Pakistan, Department / Job Category: Consultancy, Last Date: 15 May 2020
Nutrition Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Posted :06 May 2020 Job Location: Pakistan Country: Pakistan Department …
Teaching Faculty “Walk-In-Interview”, Sahiwal Medical College & It’s Allied Hospitals Sahiwal, Professors (09 Posts), Associate Professors (12), Assistant Professor (05), & Sr. Registrar (10) Latest Jobs in SLMC Sahiwal, Punjab
Punjab Human Organ Transplantation Authority Jobs Latest May 2020, Director Administration/Coordination (01), Assis. Director (03 Post), DEO (01), Naib Qasid (02), Security Guards (02), & Vigilance Guards (04) Latest Jobs in PHOTA Lahore, Punjab
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist, PATTA Project, Job Location: Islamabad, Country: Pakistan, Positions: 1 Job, Type: Full Time, Department / Job Category: Community & Social Services, Last Date: 17 May 2020
وزیر اعظم کویڈ19 فنڈ ویب پورٹل! اس پروگرام میں رجسٹریشن کا طریقہ کار , Prime Minister Covid 19 Fund Web portal Registration, Mazdoor Ka Ehsaas Program, How to Apply for Ehsaas Program, Prime Minister Relief Program
“150 Vacant Positions”, District Health Authority Bahawalpur, Female Sanitary Petrol (75 Vacancies), Male Sanitary Petrol (75 Vacancies), Latest Jobs in P&SHD Bahawalpur, Punjab
District Health Authority Lahore Jobs Latest May 2020, Technologist (Healthcare Outreach Technology),(Entomologist), Latest Jobs in P&SHD District Health Authority Lahore, Punjab
Career in PCB, Manager Compliance & Contact Management Job Latest May 2020 in Pakistan Cricket Board Lahore, Pakistan
Mission Pharmacist, Job Location: Islamabad, (with the frequent field visits) Country: Pakistan, Positions: 1 Job, Type: Contractual, Department / Job Category: Healthcare and Safety, Last Date: 11 May 2020