Job Type: Full Time
Department / Job Category: Project Management
Last Date: 27 Jun 2020
Team Leader (TL) | Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is one of the world’s leading partners in international development. Present in Asia since 1977, our work has expanded to Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Tonga overseeing a portfolio of over 200 projects across various technical sectors.
Chemonics International seeks a qualified individual for the role of Team Leader for the anticipated five-year, £20-40 million DFID-funded Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance (IPWG) programme. IPWG intends to strengthen Pakistan’s management of its water to meet future population, agricultural and economic needs, and provide resilience to shocks and climate change. Aligning with the Pakistan government’s forestry, water and agricultural management priorities, this programme aims to improve the management and use of water and natural resources so to prepare the country for sustained climate resilient growth.
The Team Leader (TL) will be responsible for leading technical assistance that supports water data advocacy and research, climate change adaptation, and integrated natural resource management. Based in Islamabad, the TL will drive overall strategy and supervise teams including providing project management, operations, and financial leadership to improve the management and use of water and natural resources to prepare the country for sustained climate resilient growth.
With the support and oversight of the Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance Programme Management Unit (PMU) Director, the TL will be responsible for:
Operational and technical leadership
- Act as a single focal point for strategic leadership of the programme across all technical components for DFID and relevant ministries and stakeholders.
- Provide overall project leadership and technical direction, while ensuring compliance with DFID requirements and regulations, as well as Chemonics policies and procedures
- Work with the technical leads and other key personnel to promote a coherent and strategic vision with buy-in from DFID and counterparts and stakeholders
- Promote transparency and information sharing within each country as well as across the programme, to further build the partnerships for all national and state actors.
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation.
- Respond to government counterpart requests, coordinating with other implementing partners and DFID, as necessary.
- Facilitate project work planning and budgeting and assist with the staffing and resources to reach established results indicators and targets.
- Review draft consultant scopes of work prepared by the technical team or partner organizations, and submit approval requests.
- Ensure consultants complete their assignments and submit deliverables in a timely manner
Administrative and financial management
- Plan and track financial and administrative activities with the home and field offices to evaluate implementation needs
- Monitor project financial performance against work plan and life-of-project budgets
- Extensive knowledge of climate change and natural resources management, including international affairs, political science, environmental studies, sustainable development, characteristics of key sectors such as agriculture, waste management, and water treatment; regional work experience preferred.
- Technical knowledge of current research and complexities of the integrated water resources management (IWRM) approach and of the current regional trends regarding water security and development as well as of global climate change processes and policies.
- Demonstratable knowledge of Pakistan climate and natural resources politics and networks, of DFID Climate, UN-Water, the 2030 Development Agenda (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement are required.
- Relevant achievements in brokering and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and developing and implementing strategies to foster change.
- Experience working with the private sector and donors, preferably for the UK Government in DFID or FCO or other international donors; previous Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader or similar experience strongly preferred
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a discipline related to Public Administration, Municipal Governance/Planning, Law, Public Policy, Finance, Economics, or Political Economy
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing, and reading) required; Pakistan nationals strongly preferred.
If interested, please complete the application by attaching your CV and cover letter in the following link – Team Leader IPWG by June 19th, 2020.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Submit Your Name & Email for Daily Updates”
SEE ALL JOBS PUBLISHED IN “APRIL 2020”
Enabling Environment and Integrated Resources Advisor | Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Advisor | Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance
USI Field Officer Required (20 Plus Cities Across Pakistan), Department / Job Category: Community & Social Services
National Vocational & Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC) Jobs Latest 2020, Government of Pakistan