SENIOR M&E OFFICER Jobs
BLUMONT Pakistan (SMC-Private) Ltd
Posted :11 May 2020
Job Location: Karachi
Department / Job Category: Community & Social Services
Last Date: 30 May 2020
SENIOR M&E OFFICER
BACKGROUND & INTRODUCTION:
USAID-funded Sindh Community Mobilization Program (CMP) is improving education in schools across all 29 districts of Sindh by fostering community and private sector involvement in school reforms. In 2013, USAID and the Government of Sindh (GOS) signed a memorandum of understanding to implement the comprehensive Sindh Basic Education Program (SBEP), now one of the major bi-lateral initiatives that supports the government’s school reform efforts. As a major component of SBEP, CMP is increasing enrollment of girls and improving coordination between parents and educators, bridging the gap between communities and schools for the sake of quality education for all.
One of CMP’s objectives is to supports USAID and GOS efforts to form public-private partnerships and obtain other types of cash and in-kind support. CMP assists the Public Private Partnership Node (PPP-Node) of the GOS Sindh Education and Literacy Department (SELD) to procure, manage, and monitor education management organization contracts, which outsource the management of newly-constructed schools. CMP is working with GOS to develop and implement a sustainability plan for reform, encouraging long lasting relationships between the GOS, private sector, and communities.
The Sr. M & E Officer will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing program. He/she will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Program; reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, maintaining the MIS database; assisting in preparing Monthly/Quarterly/Annual data summaries and will be responsible for the data collation & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. The Sr. M&E Officer will provide technical field support to the M&E unit, as well as to district teams. The Senior M&E Officer will report to Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Manager. This position will be based at Karachi.
Specific Job functions and Responsibilities:
- Support Sr. M&E Manager in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Support/ assist Sr. M&E Manager to supervise regular data collection through field teams and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- Support the Sr. M&E Manager to ensure that donor, stakeholder, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support Sr. M&E Manager and District teams in collection, collation, compilation, rectification, verification and reporting of quality data and generate and verify progress summaries for monthly/ Quarterly/ Annual Reports.
- Support Sr. M&E Manager to manage centralized record keeping and prepare documents for imaging and prepare electronic and hard files
- Assist Sr. M&E Manager in updating and implementing MEP, Data collection and reporting tools, tracking targets verses achievements for set time periods and as well as throughout project implementation.
- Review and analyze weekly reports with the Sr. M&E Manager to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Support monitoring and evaluation unit to measure effects and impact of the project
- Support Sr. M&E Manager to provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Component leads, District and Program Managers and field teams.
- Coordinate with Senior District Managers/District Coordinators to collect hard and soft copies of filled formats and files and act as focal point of contact with internal management teams to fulfil needs of centralized record keeping
- Support/ assist M&E unit to improve data flow, collection, editing, processing and distribution to address any data issues, questions and problems in accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Blumont’s monitoring and evaluation system
Key skills and Competencies
- Capacity to deliver to projects to agreed parameters.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with diverse teams often-in difficult situations.
- Ability to relate to people from diverse cultural backgrounds and establish good working relations.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and networking skills.
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills.
Required Qualification and Experiences:
- A University Post graduate/graduate in any social, natural science discipline, Statistics, Economics, Development Studies background
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation unit with at least 02 years with M&E unit of international organization
- Experience of field data collection, collation and analysis; Standard reporting formats, M&E systems and international organizations documentation and record keeping system
- Proven experience in data base management, analysis/programming, info graphics and data presentation and analysis software
- Proven experience of report writing (Numeric data presentation through charts and graphs and narrative
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office and report writing skills
- Fluency in Sindhi (Read, Write and understand) in addition to English and Urdu languages will be an added advantage
Interested applicants/candidates may please email their CVs/profiles and a cover letter at [email protected]no later than 30th May, 2020. Please clearly indicate name of position that you are applying for in the subject-line. We reserve the right to cancel one or all applications. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity in its workforce. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds, culture, and experience. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.