TERMS OF REFERENCE
Assistant Manager Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (AM-MEL)
Pakistan Capacity Development Services – Small Business Set Aside
Long-Term Technical Assistance
USAID''s Pakistan Capacity Development Services -Small Business Set Aside (PCDS-SB) project is implemented by International Business Initiatives (IBI). It works with USAID’s indirect partners on issues and priorities related to Public Financial Management (PFM). The project provides need-based technical assistance, capacity development services, and limited IT support to mitigate fiduciary risks facing major GOP entities.
PCDS-SB, a three-year project, works with key federal (Islamabad) and provincial (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh) GOP and non-governmental entities to address their critical fiduciary risks resutling from PFM policy and implementation gaps. The goal is to mitigte fiduciary risks at the highest/policy levels so that its impact is passed onto all other entities.
Objective: The Assistance Manager MEL will be responsible to support the MEL Specialist in developing, implementing and improving the MEL framework and tools to measure performance, improving compliance with USAID and IBI standards, documenting and supporting adaptation of best practices, and exhibiting attributable evidence using SMART data collection, analysis and reporting practices.
Period of Performance: June 1, 2020 to December 31, 2021
Location: Islamabad with frequent travel to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh
Reports to: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
S/he will report to the MEL specialist and will be responsible to adhere to following key duties and responsibilities.
- S/he will be responsible to support the MEL Specialist in developing, implementing and improving the MEL framework and tools to measure performance
- S/he will be responsible for supporting the MEL specialist in the design, implementation and reporting of impact assessments, surveys and evaluations
- S/he will be responsible for measuring performance and improving compliance with USAID and IBI standards
- S/he will be responsible for documenting and genertaing/providing plausbile evidence to support adaptation of best practices by the program unit and disseminating such learning through need-based, quarterly and annnual reports
- S/he will be responsible for supporting the MEL specialist during the execution of MEL activities, including data collection in relation to project indicators (input, process and ouput), analysis of data using statistical tools and preparing the first drafts of various project reports and case studies on lessons learned and best practices in a timely manner while following USAID and IBI quality benchmarks.
- S/he will be responsible for regularly extending support to the capacity building specialist in planning, documenting and reproting on various elements of the capacity building component
- S/he will assume any other responsibility as deemed necessary by the management
a. Education and Professional Experience
University degree in project management, business administration, social science or economics with at least 5 years of experience in similar positions in the past.
Advanced level speaking skills in English and Urdu are essential.
Should be able to foster cooperation
Advanced / excellent writing and analytical skills in English are required
Advanced / excellent knowledge of statistical packages for data analysis is required
Planning and Organization
Should have ability to identify priority activities and allocate appropriate amount of time and resources for completing the activities on-time.
4. Critical Thinking and Open-mindedness
Should have ability to ask questions to clarify, and exhibit interest in having two-way communication; demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Should have ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the objectives, to solicit inputs by genuinely valuing others'' ideas and expertise, to learn from others and to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment. Should work with transparency and build trust in colleagues.
6. Special Conditions
LTTA will be required to:
1) ensure compliance with the PCDS-SB and USAID’s polices regarding confidentiality of information.
2) observe due diligence in her/his performance of required duties during the course of implementation of assignment.
3) Ensure that all data relevant to this assignment is not used for purposes other than this assignment.
Submission of the Resumes and Cover Letters
Candidates having required qualifications are invited to send their resume and cover letter by 15th May, 2020 . The resumes should be tailored to the specific requirements of this assignment.