Country: Pakistan Loan No: 3837— PAK Project Name: Social Protection Development Project (SPDP) Implementing Agency:
Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) Consultancy Services for:
Hiring of Individual Consultants for Policy Research Unit (PRU) The Government of Islamic Republic of Pakistan has received a loan (No. 3837-PK) from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for Social Protection Development Project (Additional Financing). BISP intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments for Consulting Services for Hiring of Individual Consultants for “Policy Research Unit” to develop and implement evidenced-based policies and programs for social protection and poverty reduction. BISP now seeks Expression of Interest (E0I) from qualified and experienced national individuals, duly authorized to work in the country. Interested individuals are required to demonstrate/provide CVs and requisite information to prove their qualification/eligibility to perform the assignment. The short-listing criteria against each position is provided below:
1. Team Leader: Policy Research and Governance Expert
• A PhD (or equivalent advanced university degree) in public policy, social policy, governance, research, economics, statistics, law or related field.
• 15 years of experience with at least 5 years of experience leading research work.
• Experience working in management position preferably in public sector with exposure to federal and/or provincial government institutions.
• Ability to negotiate and facilitate discussions with external stakeholders including senior government officials (at federal and provincial level), research institutes, national and international development partners.
• Proven ability to use at least one of the tools for qualitative and quantitative data analysis (e.g. Stata, SPSS, MATLAB, SAS, Minitab, XLSTAT, NVivoetc).
• Publication of 5 research papers in reputable national and international journals in past seven years as lead researcher is an advantage.
2. Research Methodology and Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
• PhD (or equivalent advanced university degree) in research and design, monitoring and evaluation, program development, or related field.
• 10 years of relevant experience with demonstrated experience in research design, monitoring and evaluation.
• Knowledge of study designs, tools and datasets of national representative surveys (e.g. HIES, PSLM, NNS and PDHS).
• Proven ability to use at least one of the tools for qualitative or quantitative data analysis (e.g Stata, SPSS, MATLAB, SAS, Minitab, XLSTAT, NVivoetc).
03. Social Sector Economist and Financial Forecasting/ Modelling Expert
• PhD or advanced university degree in Economics, Economic modelling, Macroeconomics; Econometrics, Development Macroeconomics; Applied Statistics, or any relevant field.
■ At least 10 years of work experience with demonstrated experience in developing financial models and forecasts to assist in developing cost-effective interventions.
■ Excellent knowledge of econometrics software for modelling and simulation (e.g. Stata, EViews, GAMS MATLAB, or equivalent), data sources and data compilation
• Good knowledge of national social protection policy and legislative framework and of international standards.
04. Data Analytics Expert
• Advanced university degree in statistics, data analysis, or any related discipline.
• Preferably 5-7 years of experience with analysis of large data sets, including use of data analysis software SPSS and STATA
• Proven experience in using survey software (e.g. Excel Data Analysis tools, SQL) and using other qualitative and quantitative tools for data analysis (e.g. MATLAB, SAS, Minitab, XLSTAT, NVivoetc) is an asset
■ In-depth understanding of national statistical system (census data and civil registrations) and national representative surveys (e.g. HIES, PSLM, PDHS, NNS etc.).
Terms of Reference TORs) for the assignment can be accessed by the interested individuals from websites, www.bisp.qov.pkand csrn.adb.org. Further information may be obtained at the address given below during office hours from 1000 to 1600 hours (Pakistan Standard Time (PST). This RE01 is also available on the websites www.ppra.orq.pk andwww.bisp.00v.pk. An attention of interested individuals is drawn to paragraph 1.19 to 1.21 of the ADB Procurement Regulations 2017(as amended from time to time) The Use of Consultants by Asian Development Bank and Its Borrowers, setting forth the ADB’s policy on conflict of interest. The individual consultants will be hired in accordance with ADB Procurement Policy: Goods, Works, Non Consulting and Consulting Services (2017, as amended from time to time). Method set out in the Consultant Guidelines can be perused at the website: www.adb.orq/documents/quidelines-use-consultants-asian-development-bank-a nd-its-borrowers. Interested individuals can express their interest by applying online through ADB’s Consultant Management System csrn.adb.orq. Access to the online Request for Expression of Interest may be reached through the link to Consultant Services Recruitment Notices (CSRN) available at www.adb.orq/site/business-opportunities/operational-procurement/ consulting. An individual wishing to submit an E01 must be registered with the CMS. CMS registration is accessible at http://cms.adb.orq. Any individual encountering technical problems in accessing CMS should request assistance by email to cmshelpadb.orq. Interested individuals are recommended to update their CMS registration before commencing their E0I. Deadline for submission of EOIs online through ADB’s Consultant Management System is on/or before 09:00 pm (11:59 pm Manila local time) by 16 July 2020. For all those individuals who wish to submit their Expressions of interests (E01s) off-line, should apply directly to BISP on prescribed “E01 Format”, available at BISP’s official website, at the address given below, complete in all respects on/or before 11:00 am hours by 17 July 2020. PID(I)6849/19 Director HR (HQ & Policy) Room No. 221, Second Floor BISP HQ Secretariat, F — Block, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad. Tel: +92(51)9246325