Posted: 05 May, 2020
Job Location: Islamabad (with the frequent field visits)
Job Type: Contractual
Department / Job Category: Healthcare and Safety
Last Date: 11 May 2020
Supervising and controlling, all pharmacy related activities in the Mission, according to Organizational procedures and based on the Medical Coordinator directives; Making sure that pharmaceutical practices in the mission conform to the national and international laws and regulations;
-Set up and manage the pharmacy (medical stock) for Mission in Pakistan
-Ensure timely supply of drugs and medical material from Islamabad to Base Pharmacies, in coordination with the Logistics department in the capital and the base logisticians;
– Assist in procurement of essential medicines and supplies by analyzing consumption report data at facility level and quantification of requirements.
-Ensure Rational Use of Medicines and Good Storage Practices at base and country level pharmacies.
-Ensure standard practices of stock distribution are applied at Islamabad, field and clinic level; through conducting regular planned audits and check-ups.
-Conduct monthly field visit to provide support to field pharmacist, monitor medicine/supplies/equipment consumption.
-Participate in quantification and budgeting activity with close coordination with Medical and Logistics Coordinators.
-Ensure close coordination with DRAP and update on Government of Pakistan policies/regulations on essential medicines and supplies.
Education and Experience
Academic degree (Pharm D) in pharmacy is required.
At least 2 years’ experience with an INGO on similar position along with a managerial role, and 3 years in a pharmaceutical practice.
Experience in Microsoft Office applications (word, excel etc) essential.
– Conceptual Competencies:
- Leadership, Teamwork, Complexity and Stress Management
- Strategic planning and Vision
- In depth Analysis and Problem Solving
– Transversal Competencies:
- Attitude, behavior flexibility & Adaptability
- Complexity and Stress Management
- Emotional Intelligence, Creativity and Initiative
– Technical Competencies:
- Medical/Paramedical management competencies
- Ability to understand and apply medical vocabulary, pharmaceutical procedures
- Medical data management, personnel and equipment hygiene and safety, health promotion and infection control;
- Linguistic Skills: Excellent command on English & Urdu.
How to Apply?
Please Submit CV along with motivation letter latest by [11/05/2020].
The selection is on rolling basis, only individuals who meet above listed requirements are invited to apply for this position.