MER Officer Jobs
Posted :11 May 2020
Job Type: Full Time
Department / Job Category: Monitoring & Evaluation
Last Date: 24 May 2020
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive overall monitoring and evaluation framework, toolkits including performance indicators and benchmarks to ensure transparency and accountability
- Put systems and mechanisms in place for collecting data to monitor the development of defined indicators under the comprehensive reporting framework; Integrate periodic evaluations as an integral part of the M&E system
- Strengthen the M&E systems and processes to assure achievement and progress towards organizational objectives and outcomes
- Develop a comprehensive reporting framework with provisions for rigorous impact assessment
- Analyze bi-annual and annual reports and produce a synthetic and analytical progress report to guide management decision-making
- Support the Manager and General Manager to identify partnerships that further the learning agenda including partnerships for M&E and quality improvements
- Ensure that the organization delivers on all internal and external ME requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information
- Ensure that all programs are designed and implemented in accordance with organizational and international standards
- Support staff across organization as well as implementing partners and primary stakeholders on undertaking strong and participatory monitoring across project life cycle
- Develop and implement M&E related capacity building plans for Partner Organizations
- Contribute to improvements in existing policies and procedures to enhance effective accountability mechanisms
- Ensure that all staff at all levels, including senior management fully understands and promotes accountability in general.
- Undertake monitoring visits regularly to physically monitor implementation of the program and prepare reports with action points
- Regularly share M&E findings with other members of MER unit, Operations, partners and other stakeholders
- Ensure that data collection methodologies used at field level are standardized, enabling the specific vulnerabilities of different target groups to be captured and analyzed
- Ensure that organization’s internal and external reporting requirements are met with timely, relevant, triangulated and well analyzed data
- Ensure that all monitoring reports meet the organization’s quality criteria and promote the integration of recommendations and lessons learnt in project planning and future programming.
- At least 16 years of education or Masters in Social Sciences and relevant disciplines / Project Management/Masters in Business Administration / Masters in Public Administration.
- Experience in Project Management and Budgeting Skills for the tasks assigned to him/her.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience of working with a development organization
- Demonstrated ability of implementing/coordinating M&E systems for a development organization
- Experience of collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Knowledge of logical framework design.
- Experience in Budgeting for the tasks assigned to him/her.
- Team Working Skills to work in a team oriented working environment.
- Operational understanding along with good problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
- Written communication skills and presentation skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Adaptability Skills in order to work with different units.
- Time management skills and the ability to multi-task.