Job Type: Full Time
Department / Job Category: Monitoring & Evaluation
Last Date: 19 Jun 2020
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Advisor | Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is one of the world’s leading partners in international development. Present in Asia since 1977, our work has expanded to Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Tonga overseeing a portfolio of over 200 projects across various technical sectors.
Chemonics International seeks a qualified individual for the role of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Advisor for the anticipated five-year, £20-40 million DFID-funded Improving Pakistan’s Water and Natural Resources Governance (IPWG) programme. IPWG intends to strengthen Pakistan’s management of its water to meet future population, agricultural and economic needs, and provide resilience to shocks and climate change. Aligning with the Pakistan government’s forestry, water and agricultural management priorities, this programme aims to improve the management and use of water and natural resources so to prepare the country for sustained climate resilient growth.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor will be responsible for leading and directing the rigorous monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning activities of the programme to measure progress towards initial and intermediary results and overall programme goals. Data collected will be used to inform further program planning in partnership with stakeholders, including UK government counterparts. Reporting to the Team Leader (TL), the MEL Advisor will ensure objective and independent monitoring, evaluation, and reporting and evidence-based decision making.
The MEL Advisor will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for life of project MEL; also supports, advises, and provides guidance for activity level MEL into integrated IPWG activities
- Oversee the design and implementation of the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP), including data collection, results reporting to meet DIFD requirements, and learning activities.
- Create, organize, and submit to the TL the reporting and required documentation and the activity’s contractually required progress reporting and deliverables.
- Develop mechanisms for Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) in activity implementation to actively incorporate lessons and modify approaches as needed
- Develop, with input from technical staff, measurable results and progress milestones
- Support adaptive management and evidence-based decision making throughout the life of the programme
- Work with the IPWG team to develop and oversee the implementation of programme monitoring and evaluation activities including the design and application of an IPWG MEL framework and process for monitoring, evaluating and reporting IPWG results, and a process and database for tracking, monitoring and evaluating innovate approaches.
- Improve the use of MEL generated information, and other evidence-based information generated by the IPWG programme, to inform adaptive management while ensuring the different needs and roles of men and women are assessed and integrated into all activities through equitable participation of men and women.
- Provide technical advice on reporting on the situation of women and children, persons with disabilities, vulnerable and marginalized groups as required, including responding to ad hoc requests to senior management, government counterparts, the client, partner organization and others in the areas of drinking water, sanitation and agriculture.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of MEL-related scopes of work including the sourcing of consulting resources if necessary, development of integrated MEL frameworks and processes, and the provision of targeted technical assistance and capacity building related to MEL
- Contribute to the capacity development of Pakistan to monitor water, agriculture and climate change challenges, in collaboration with national and provincial offices.
- Contribute to developing the capacity within government counterparts and civil society organizations for evidence-based policy, planning, programming and advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage MEL methodologies, tools, indicators, targets, and results frameworks for donor-funded programmes; preferably for DFID.
- Experience implementing systematic, intentional, and resourced approaches to strategic collaboration, continuous learning, and adaptive management.
- Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking skills and strong organizational skills required
- Knowledge of climate change and natural resources management, including one of the earth sciences; advanced training, preferably a higher degree, in statistics, land management, natural resource management, or climate change adaptation, or another area with advanced statistics, data manipulation and analysis skills; regional work experience preferred.
- Demonstratable knowledge of Pakistan climate and natural resources politics and networks, of DFID Climate, UN-Water, the 2030 Development Agenda (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement are required.
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing, and reading) required; Pakistan nationals strongly preferred.
If interested, please complete the application by attaching your CV and cover letter in the following link – Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Advisor IPWG by June 19th, 2020.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/